SusTottenham and Sustainable Haringey present
Sunday 7th November
At Tottenham Chances, 399 Tottenham High Road, N17
Entry free – why not drop into the morning or afternoon sessions, or both!
11am – 1pm Autumn Gathering
Meeting of the Sustainable Haringey network – the next steps…
1pm – 2pm Lunch - sharing food together
2pm – 4.30pm Down With Waste!
Skill Sharing and discussions…
Refuse * Reduce * Re-use Repair * Recycle
Presentations, workshops to join in, and displays to take in and enjoy including:
* Fashion show of second hand clothes
* Children’s workshop on recycled art + children’s clothes swap shop
* Wood works wonders – using recycled wood
* What does and doesn’t go into the green box?
* “How to build a pirate ship from plastic milk bottle” workshop
* Interactive skill share wall
* Council recycling information
* Food waste and home composting
* What is a Material Resource Facility?
* “Cut waste, cut carbon and create jobs” – Friends of the Earth
* Children’s workshop on making drums
* Knitting with “pharn” (yarn made from plastic bags) – demonstration
* And much more!!!!!
All welcome – why not come and share your skills and learn new ones!
www. sustainableharingey.org.uk - http://haringeyskillshare.wikispaces.com - sustottenham.wikispaces.com
Organised by and for local residents, based on freely-given time and effort. Financial support from Haringey Council