We all cut our carbon by 10% starting this year. You, me, your work, your school, the council, the church, the chip shop. Everyone.
In our homes, in our workplaces, and in our hospitals, our galleries and football clubs and universities, we’ll be helping each other take the first steps towards a better future.
Ten things you can do to save yourself money (and lower your carbon use)
1. Find your house thermostat and turn it down
2. Draught proof your windows
3. Look in your loft – is the insulation sufficient?
4. Line your curtains and close them at dusk
5. Don’t leave appliances on standby
6. Dry clothes outside not in the tumbledrier
7. Use tap water not bottled water
8. Change to low energy light bulbs
9. Have at least one meat free day a week
10. Walk or cycle part of your journey to work
WHY NOT JOIN US? Sign up on our website www.sustainableharingey.org.uk or the 10:10 website www.1010global.org