Sunday, 30 May 2010
Note: Next Meeting, Tuesday 15th June - will be an open meeting as part of Sustainability Month.
1. Introductions: Jo Foster, Pamela Harling, Anna Konarska, Dave Morris, Wendy Keenan Apologies: Chris Barker, Anne Gray, Gemma Harris, Jo Homan, Gillian Livingstone, Joel Minot, Joyce Rosser, Richard Minutes of the last meeting: agreed.
2. Spring Gathering: Wolves Lane was a nice venue for this event, although the meeting was not that well attended. ACTION: Dave to finish notes for this.
3. Brief reports of events:
- Green on the Screen showed films on soils and permaculture 5th and 12th May. Next film will be 2 June.
- Pamela went to the London low carbon communities meeting held on Monday 17 May, and an Eco-Teams training day on 24th April.
4. Local Groups news:
Priory Park Fun Run on 16 May SH had a stall with Transition Crouch End. First outing for SH gazebo (which is now with Gillian and Richard).
SusTottenham is focussing on the skills share day 20 June. Planning meetings Thursdays, Tottenham Chances.
Transition Finsbury Park is pushing ahead with leasing land at Finsbury Park for a tree nursery. Meeting held in Finsbury Park café 8th May
Ward’s Corner coalition Six members went to a symposium on using new technologies for mapping spaces (Open Sailing).
5. SH Working group reports.
Growing in Haringey Jo is putting together an events calendar. Food Group and Transition Crouch End in response to Hornsey Town Hall plans (current display in Hornsey library) proposing radical "meanwhile" use of surrounding land for temporary growing sites, sustainable planting by residents and trial of weekly Saturday real farmers' market in the forecourt, as INTERIM use. A weekly Food Group get together is proposed on Fridays in Jai Krishna, Turnpike Lane.
Waste Group visit to EcoPark on 21 April.
Council liaison meeting held 17 May - report form Quentin.
6. Events coming up:
19 May London food Link meeting and Transition Highbury Green Drinks Pamela going.
May 21 FoE Food campaign launch Railway Fields, 7.30pm
- compost give away in Finsbury Park.
- Growing in Haringey meeting, Brunel Walk 2pm.
- Ally Pally open day leaflets for Muswell Hill Sustainability Group stall ACTION Pamela.
27th May Public services coordination meeting at the Big Green bookshop.
June Sustainability Month - events leaflet almost ready for printing. Final details to Dave.
12 June Green Fair 12 to 5pm Duckett’s Common. Planning meeting on 20 May - who attending? ACTION: Anna to do volunteer rota. Jo to book three stalls next to each other. Pamela to get publicity material from groups (with Wendy) and set up SH stall. Wendy to get Anna added to activists e-mail list.
13 June visit to Church Farm, Stevenage (associated with Farming Renaissance)
19 June still waiting to hear if SH has a stall at Tottenham Festival (booking sent).
Summer Gathering: Sunday 25th July at Railway Fields. To be coordinated by Anna and the Food Group. It was suggested that Julie Brown from Growing Communities might be invited to speak.
7. Other key events:
- Apple Day will be 16th October.
- 10th October will be 10:10:10 day of action.
- Lordship Rec Festival 11 September.
- Eco-Homes weekend 12/13 June.
Next Meeting Tuesday 15th June - will be an open meeting as part of Sustainability Month.