Bee the difference!
Living Under One Sun is a multi award winning community project, run mainly by volunteers and Made in Tottenham. It all started in 2005 with mothers from local communities, to promote healthy living, community leadership and harmony . We aim to inspire across generations and cultures, taking responsibility to build, protect, share and celebrate a positive neighbourhood and environment both locally and globally.
An exciting outreach and community leadership project for east of Haringey to create more places for growing affordable healthy food, supporting all hard working pollinators and setting up more beehives. Then launch Tottenham’s take on the Chelsea Flower Show on 14th July 2012 !
If you are selected as a BBB champion you will get FREE
- a ‘hands on’ training and support programme in organic food growing, protecting bees & wildlife, running a green project and community leadership
- a beekeeping course –either evenings or as a weekend option mentoring in ‘adopting’ a beehive
- a complete training and support pack for you to engage others
- your confidence and skills built step by step in project management
- the opportunity to complete the delivery of your own local project from A-Z
- a portfolio of achievement and reference for your cv, further training and employment,
- the opportunity to be selected for the BBB flower show competition and win £500 to design your own display entry
- a contribution to your transport & child care costs
- CRB check - a special experience of networking, sharing knowledge and skills
- a chance to reflect and a supported way to create a change in your neighbourhood
You are required to give:
As well as attending the programme, you will give 3 hours a week as a volunteer to work on your chosen local site this could be with a local school, on a housing estate, or with a community or faith group. Alternatively, it could be with us at the LUOS community allotment site.
Organic food growing & community leadership programme
Tuesday 10th January : Deadline for applications
Tuesday 17th January : Confirmation of your place
Tuesday 24th January : Induction 10-2 & Launch & Lunch
Tuesdays 7th Feb to 17th July from 10 am - 2pm:
10am - 12: Organic food growing, biodiversity training and practice.
12..30 - 2 pm: Community leadership - running a community green project.
Saturday 14th July : BBB Festival of Flowers & Honey @Tottenham Marshes
Wednesdays 8th Feb - 28th March 2012 (6-8 pm) at Coombes Croft Library
Saturdays on 17th, 24th 31st of March (10am -2pm) - to be confirmed
Saturdays from 21st April – 21st July (12.30 - 2.30 pm) - Adopt a Beehive Mentoring
Blooming Beds and Bees Competition
Tuesday 16th January - Deadline for submitting flower design proposals.
Tuesday 24th January -10 designs selected and £500 allocated to each
Saturday 14th July - Design display for competition at BBB Flower and Honey Festival at Tottenham Marshes
www.livingunderonesun.co.ukYou can also find us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Flickr